I was just looking at my favorite car blog www.jalopnik.com and came across a list of the top 10 Chinese car names. Now, if you've ever heard me after attending an auto show, you know I am a big fan of the way the Chinese name and describe their "cars", so I thought I'd share them with you. You can see the pics on their website. They're worth seeing.
10) Geely Beauty Leopard. Neither beautiful or graceful like an actual leopard, but it does have gargantuan headlights and awful body graphics.
9) Dongfeng EQ7240BP. Apparently, an actual name couldn't begin to easily describe how ugly this car is so they just threw some letters and numbers together. They clearly thought that anything on a regular car would look better in double or triple on this car.
8) Chery Eastar. I think it's pronounced "Cherry Easter". I don't know what it means, but the back end sure looks like a Volvo and if one is ever crucified, I hope no one resurrects it.
7) Huanghai Faster. It may be faster than walking, but that's probably about it. Also, I think somebody's been hanging out on Pontiac's website.
6) Geely PU Rural Nanny. The ugliest interpretation of an El Camino ever designed to care of the kids of Chinese hillbillies...or something.
5) Trifun Trike. TRY to have FUN in this weird delivery van just before it tips over and you die.
4) Geely King Kong. Maybe you could get away with nicknaming a HUMMER "King Kong", but it doesn't make much sense on a car that's the size and shape of a Nissan Versa.
3) Tang Hau Book of Songs. One of my favorites from last year's North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It looks like a really big version of a really small penis and testicles. Goldmember would like it.
2) Dongfeng Crazy Soldier. An exact copy of a HUMMER H1, except that the mechanicals are crafted from the bones of dissidents instead of aluminum.
1) Tang Hau Detroit Fish. Also from last year's NAIAS. Indescribable