The United States is leading at the Olympics in Rio with 12 medals so far, and China is next with eight. And the U.S. is also tied for the lead with three gold medals.
Here are the standings going into day three.
- United States, 12 medals: 3 gold, 5 silver, 4 bronze
- China, 8 medals: 3 gold, 2 silver, 3 bronze
- Italy, 7 medals: 2 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze
- Japan, 7 medals: 1 gold, 6 bronze
- Australia, 6 medals: 3 gold, 3 bronze
The United States' three gold medals so far are in swimming and shooting. 19-year-old Virginia Thrasher won gold in the 10-meter air rifle event on Saturday. Swimmer Katie Ledecky set a new world record in the 400-meter freestyle.
And Michael Phelps helped win the men's four-by-100-meter freestyle relay. So that's his 19th gold medal overall.