Firefighters in Greenwich, CT were called to a local barber shop recently when a little boy managed to get his fingers stuck inside of a gumball machine. Before calling, barbers at the shop attempted to free the boy's hand using various oils. No go. So the fire brigade was called and showed up on the scene. When they arrived, they simply took the machine apart to free the boy's hand, which pretty much anybody could have done. While the deconstruction was taking place, the firefighters calmed the little boy with a lollipop. Not sure why they didn't just use a gumball, which he was obviously interested in in the first place!